Wednesday, January 6, 2010

As I started on this I was in the noisy SAC marketplace having lunch because I have to use the massive amount of money the school forces me to pay for a meal ticket because I have on campus housing, even though I live in an apartment with a full kitchen. Now I'm in the back of the classroom, staying much warmer, and working on some things for class. It is cold outside, and by cold I mean it's 21 degrees outside but feels like 12. No joke, I stepped outside the law school to head out for lunch, and it was spitting snow. This is the kind of snow that mocks me because I love snow, I love to run around in it, dance like a fool, and in general frolic like a little kid in it. I'm from TN, Middle TN to be specific, and that means that a white Christmas usually equals ice and snow is a rare treat. I'm hoping for real snow, even if it means that I have to trudge through it in my boots to get to Civil Procedure in the morning. In all honesty, the idea of the powers that be cancelling classes and closing the law school because of snow is pretty much a fantasy. Nowka, the Contracts Professor, has entered the room and started class, so I will finish this back in the Shoebox.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've returned to the Shoebox, taken out the trash, changed out of my sweater, loaded the dishwasher, and swapped my contacts for the glasses. I figured out my schedule, and now I'm making dinner. I've decided to cook a real meal of sorts, which is not easy when you live alone. Grocery shopping and cooking for one is a hassle; I'd almost say it would be easier to have one or two other people living here, or at least having meals. Tonight I am making Chicken Marinara over Whole Grain Rotini with Mozzarella Cheese; I've even made little rolls. Of course nothing is homemade because ingredients are just too expensive to make it for just one person, though I love to make my own marina and other tomato sauces. I've never been a fan of many store bought sauces. I know, I know, food snob. I often tell Jake that we should just get married so I don't have to cook for one anymore. Dinner will be done by the time I finish this entry, so I will post a picture of my masterpiece.

I need to spend the next two weeks leading up to Martin Luther King Jr. Day weekend working on things so that I will not be far behind since for some reason Jake wants me to go with him on a church retreat to Gatlinburg that weekend. I've agreed, and it should be fun; however, I don't really want to be behind and have to spend all night catching up for the next week. That is not fun. I am looking foward to spending a little time with the Jake though, especially since time together is often rare and should always be treasured. Needless to say, I will be just a bit busy for a while.Thinking of busy, I have five regular classes this semester, plus BLS. I have about 30+ pages to read a night for each, which seems like it wouldn't be a lot except that cases, even just two cases, take a lot more time to read and analyze. Also, we had our first BLS class of the semester and I already have the first part of my material for the brief. It is the majority of my grade in that class, and I need to get a good grade to bring up my GPA. I will probably beginning taking notes on my brief Friday, since I don't have Friday classes, and then start researching soon so that I will be able to finish in plenty of time to edit and tweak the thing before its due. Fun times in the world of law school.

And now I present dinner:


Chicken Marinara Sauce.
It is roasted chicken cubes simmering in marinara sauce



What looks to be a super large portion of pasta and chicken.
I actually spread it out so that it would cool a bit faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment