Friday, July 16, 2010

WARNING: This post will be image heavy

It's been awhile, but I figured I would show off my awesome baking adventure. This morning I made All-Bran Muffins. (Yes, that's All-Bran like the cereal) These fabulous muffins are something my grandmother makes, and for awhile I thought they were some secret R family recipe. But nope, they are actually from a recipe my Grandmother found on the box one time and she adds raisins and nuts to the mix. These muffins are fantastic because they are very healthy and very filling.

So I present to you All-Bran muffins:

The Recipe

The Ingredients


Soak the cereal in milk


Mix the dry ingredients


The cereal soaks for five minutes or until very soft


Beat the eggs and butter into the cereal till smooth, then stir in the nuts, raisins and dry till combined


Into the muffin pans, mixture will be very thick and heavy


Fresh from the oven


The tops will be round by not really smooth


Tops of the muffins are slightly cracked



Lesson learned from today's baking adventure: disposable foil muffin tins are not a good idea for these because the muffins are heavy. Also, these muffins will explode when they hit the floor hot because they are soft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment