Sunday, September 13, 2009


So after reading Brian's blog entry about this one, I finally decided I had to see it. I'd been thinking about seeing it for awhile, but I didn't want to subject Jacob to another chick flick, though it seems the only decent movies lately have been chick flicks. It saddens me because I love movies of all kinds, but there is some serious fail out there in movie making land. But I digress. Jacob and I are pretty sure that we are not going to get another date night for a while due to the fact that I am getting to be a very busy law student and between work and class he's going to be pretty short on time. Also, Jacob brought my ring back from the jeweler's, which makes me a very happy bunny. It was supposed to be a dinner and a movie kind of date, which is fairly normal for us, but he had some trouble getting off work on time and that made us run a bit late. That meant that we went to a movie about cooking and food, and we were starving because neither of us had eaten.

The movie was great actually, and if you haven't seen I highly recommend that you do so immediately. Both Meryl Streep and Amy Adams were incredible, and Streep was absolutely dead on really. I did find Julie's obsession with Julia a bit strange, but it didn't take away from the overall effect of the movie. In fact I sort of understood why she clung to her the way she did, considering the effect of the stew dish she mentioned. Honestly, I identified with the film because I love to cook, and I would love to learn to cook as well as the two leading characters could. There was also the fact that Julie was a struggling writer with an unfinished novel. We left the movie starving, and I really had the urge to cook something with lots of butter. If I had the time and the fundage, I would definitely love to embark on the challenge of cooking my way through some famous cook's cookbook in a year. But alas, law school makes you both broke and busy. Over all I think this is definitely on my list of movies I will require on DVD when it comes out. Also, while I may not buy it since I have a mad long list, this is also on my books I must read list.

I wish that I could write a blog that spoke to people the way that Julie's did or that I could write something important at all. I guess maybe I can hope for doing something important in the legal field instead. Any way, it's back to the books for me, my Civ Pro text is mocking me as we speak.

1 Comment:

  1. B K Kenobi said...
    sounds like the movie made you feel exactly how i did . . . glad you liked it. :)

    (i think i would prefer cooking and blogging to law school, as well.)

Post a Comment