Wednesday, June 17, 2009

So getting accepted to a law school is only half the battle. The harder part is paying for that education and getting everything settled. You see I have to look up student loans and scholarships, and I've already sent in my seat deposit. Law school is expensive, and I'm not sure how I will pay for it. I know that once I get out I will have a truck load of debt to repay, but I will come up with a way to handle it all. I have to. The tricky part is not going overboard; I don't want to be so far in debt that digging myself out becomes almost impossible. I don't like the idea of debt, though I know it's pretty impossible to avoid. At the moment, I only have one real payment to make, and that is the insurance on my blazer. Eventually I will be buyin' my own food again, more than I did when I was in college, and I will have to pay for room and board at Brandeis. I'm pretty sure that the days of living on my scholarship refund are over and done. I had to grow up sometime. I will need to look for work, possibly, though I'm not sure that I will be able to hold down even a part time job while in law school, especially during my first year, since I heard that in your first year they scare you to death with the amount of work.


Getting everything settled has been a challenge. I've had to set up two accounts so far, one for my student email and one for student housing, and I'm sure that I will have to do another before I even get to the campus. The moving in will be a pain because I will have drag all my stuff, at least the stuff I'm going to bring, across state lines to KY. Good thing I drive a mid-size SUV, I guess. I've been to Louisville twice, both times I was on a regionals trip with the mockers, those crazies who do Mock Trial at MTSU; I stayed in a hotel room and only went out to get food and to go to the courthouse for rounds. I've never actually looked around the city to see what is there. Not that I anticipate a lot of time to go out and do things.

Law school preparations are complicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment