Monday, June 15, 2009

So this is the first post of my more public blog. I decided to chronicle the craziness that is my life since receiving my acceptance letter to law school, in a more public blog; I have a private blog elsewhere, one that only a few people know about, and I will still write there. But here I will write about all things crazy and fantastic as my life goes from undergrad student at MTSU to law student at Brandeis School of Law in Louisville and then beyond. I will attempt to keep this think updated as frequently as possible and I will try to keep this thing from falling into disuse. So why don't I start with a little about this blog and me.

My name is Nic, ok so really its Nicole, which is my middle name, but that's beside the point; here I will write as Nic, cause I think that is a fun name, and one of my friends, Meg, uses that as a nickname and I like it. I am in my early twenties, a graduate of MTSU with a BS in Political Science with Concentration in Pre-Law, Minor in English with a focus of Literature, and now I am a law student, or I will be in the fall. Right now I am filling out a money order for my seat deposit at Brandeis and doing searches to find a way to pay for my crazy plans for higher education. I am a total bibliophile, which means I am addicted to books, and a lover of good music and old movies. I speak with a Southern accent, and my heritage involves German, Irish, Scots, English, Native American, and probably more. I enjoy cooking, though I'm not really domestic, and I love to write, hence I blog. I'm an animal lover and an amateur photographer.

What's up with the strange title? Well I'm a huge tomboy, and all things girly tend to escape me most of the time. I'm only all dolled up when I need to be, like for dates, mock trial tournaments, family events, and all those things that require a woman to look nice. My nail polish is always chipped, even if I painted my nails five minutes ago, and my jeans are normally well worn. Let's just say my jeans cost less than those 'destructed' jeans you buy at that high priced shop, and yet they look the same, only my destruction comes from wear and tear. I will literally wear my jeans to death. I have a funky sense of style; by that I mean I love to wear cool dangly earrings, pair my heels with jeans and a blazer over so sort of bright tank or t-shirt, if I could sew, which I want to learn to do, I would design and make my own clothes. Cooking and baking are my only domestic traits, and an addiction to cool earrings, flip flops, and funky jewelry are the only things that I like that are fairly girly. I make my own jewelry, when I can get my hands on supplies, and I'm big into arts and crafty things.

That's about all I've got for you right now. What I need to do now is drop my seat deposit in the mail, create a header image for this blog, and edit an image for my profile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment