Saturday, December 12, 2009


These are the gingersnaps I baked today just for kicks.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas 'round these parts. The Christmas Tree is all decorated and lit up; we did that here in the Boro the weekend after Thanksgiving. I've got Christmas music playing through out the house. And we are attempting to get the Christmas lights working to be put on the house.  I've swept up tree needles off the floor twice already since I got home, mostly because Bear keeps eating them. Today I backed some gingersnaps; I was going to do gingerbread people but Bear is pretty bad about trying to get on the table, which is where I would be attempting to cut out cookies. He's still learning manners, and it takes some effort.

I think Jake and I finally have most of the holiday rounds figured out, but we still have to make sure everything is all settled. We have to be in five places this year; two on Christmas Eve and three on Christmas day. I think I may be looking forward to this, our second Christmas, more than I looked forward to our first Christmas as a couple. I guess because this is the first Christmas that we are going to make the family rounds, and it sort of makes things a bit more cemented. I guess I'm really looking forward to the first Christmas we will have in our own apartment after we are married.  That will be a post for a later date though. This year however, will be sort of simple. We're making our own little holiday plans to have some Jake and Nic time, and then of course there are the family gatherings. I'm making so many desserts it isn't funny. I have to make a pecan pie for Christmas Eve and then all the peppermint fudge. Yes, dear readers, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment