Wednesday, July 15, 2009

So right now I'm guaranteed a seat at Brandeis, and I will have a home, though it may not be the apartment I thought I was going to get. Calling the apartment complex office is on my list of things to do because apparently if I call and ask politely about my lease I might be able to bump my way up the waiting list, which I've been told is really short. I'm definitely not wanting to live in traditional housing, with a roommate and no kitchen, because I don't play nice with others. OK, so maybe that's taking it a bit too far, but I'm not really good with living with strangers, partially because I am strange myself. I keep weird hours and have strange mannerisms, plus I don't want to be living with a person I don't know who might have stranger habits than mine, plus my luck I would have a roommate with a boyfriend who lives in state and would over a lot, which is not cool. Single apartment is a much better environment for the Nic.

Things I need to do before the move:

  1. Check up on the apartment and lease, hopefully get myself bumped up to the top of the list and get it.
  2. Finish handling all the student loan paperwork and make sure all the money gets where it belongs.
  3. Find out what the contracts assignment is going to be for orientation.
  4. Arrange for a hotel room for the week of orientation since unless I've get into traditional housing, which I do not want, I can't move in until the 15th.
  5. Decide what goes to KY with me and what stays behind, since even if I get the apartment it will be small.
  6. Finish up all the shopping for the necessities; I still need stuff for the apartment, even though Nanny bought me pots, utensils, and a few other things.
  7. Drive up to the campus to make sure that I know where places are.
Meanwhile, here in the Boro I am attempting make the best of my last few weeks of freedom before I take off for law school and make sure that I take care of all my Boro business, like check ups, tags, and a hair appointment. How am I making the most of these weeks? Well thus far, Jake and I have gone out a bunch, even went to the zoo in Nash-Vegas, and I've been relaxing and catching up on my reading, which is something I never get to do during classes. Speaking of classes, I read on Meg's blog that MTSU classes should start at the end of August, while mine will start on the 17th, which means that I am envious of all my undergrad friends who get at least an extra week reprieve. While I'm already hitting the books and hard, everyone else will be moseying their way back to classes for an easy first couple of days. I'm hoping that if I have my own apartment I might be able to invite Jake up for dinner and stuff, just during that week before he starts classes. I'm going to miss him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment